The November 2007 issue of Conde Nast Traveler celebrates the 20th annual Readers’ Choice Awards.
This year, a record 28,000 travelers voted in the Readers’ Choice Survey.
The survey is second in size to the U.S. Census.
The awards gala took place at the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum in New York City on Oct. 10, 2007. The November issue of Conde Nast Traveler will be on newsstands Oct. 25, 2007.
Here are some of the top winners:
Top Cities – United States
1. San Francisco
2. New York
3. Charleston, South Carolina
Top Cities – Europe
1. Florence, Italy
2. Rome, Italy
3. Venice, Italy
Top Cities – The Americas
1. Buenos Aires, Argentina
2. Vancouver, British Columbia
3. Victoria, British Columbia
Top International Route Airlines
1. Singapore Airlines
3. Virgin Atlantic
Top Small Ship Cruise Lines
1. Regent Seven Seas
2. Grand Circle Cruise Line
Top Hotels – Canada
1. Auberge Saint-Antoine, Quebec City
2. Fairmont Vancouver Airport
3. The Magnolia Hotel & Spa, Victoria
Top Islands – North America
1. Vancouver Island, Canada
2. Kiawah, South Carolina
3. Nantucket, Massachusetts
Top Resorts – Mexico
1. One & Only Palmilla, Los Cabos
2. Secrets Capri Riviera, Cancun
3. JW Marriott Resort & Spa, Cancun
Top Resorts – Canada
1. Pan Pacific Whistler, Village Centre
2. Wickaninnish Inn, Tofino, Vancouver Island
3. Four Seasons Resort, Whistler
The Auberge Saint-Antoine in Quebec City was voted Canada’s Top Hotel.