Years ago, I wrote ads and commercials for Caesar’s Tahoe Resort Casino (it became MontBleu Casino Resort last year). It was majestic for Lake Tahoe, but pales in comparison to the world’s newest, grandest, fairest luxury travel resort casino that just opened: The Venetian Macao-Resort-Hotel.
Now billed as the largest single-structure hotel in Asia and the world’s second largest building, the $2.4 billion Venetian Macao attracted over 500,000 people during its first week of operation. No doubt, it will will make Macao one of Asia’s most exciting entertainment destinations and preeminent convention and exhibition venues.
• First, this property is large enough to hold 90 Boeing 747 jumbo jets, with 1.2 million square feet of meeting, convention and exhibition space.
• It has 3,000 all-suite guest rooms.
• It provides more than 350 elegant, upscale shops set in an elegant streetscape right out of Italy.
• It offers the world-class V Spa.
• It has over 30 world-class restaurants, with award-winning chefs from every major culinary tradition creating dishes with flair and imagination.
• It boasts a 15,000 seat Venetian Arena that can be configured to hold star-studded events of any type, including Cirque du Soleil, Grasshopper, Alan Tam and Diana Ross. In the coming weeks, The Arena will host a series of NBA exhibition games and a match-up of tennis greats Roger Federer and Pete Sampras.
• And the casino is larger than life, too — which is the ultimate draw for those passing through for a day, a weekend or just a few hours.