The 2005 Rockefeller Christmas Tree. Photo by Sue Frause.
Hey, big spender — here’s the holiday package for you.
The Buckingham Hotel in midtown Manhattan is offering a posh package now through Jan. 8, 2007. One couple per night will see and experience the Christmas Tree at Rockefeller Center in style. For $75,000, here’s the experience:
• Pick up anywhere in NYC’s metropolitan area and whisked away in a winter white vintage Rolls-Royce to the Buckingham Hotel’s Martinelli Penthouse.
• Miniature replica of Rockefeller Center’s Christmas Tree in the penthouse (framed by top floor views of midtown Manhattan skyline).
• Private lunch at the Rock Center Cafe (menu of your own making) overlooking The Rink at Rockefeller Center.
• One-one-one ice skating sessions (only two people on the ice); plus the last to skate before The Rink closes in preparation of the tree lighting that evening.
• A helicopter tour of Manhattan, accompanied by white truffles to snack on from the Sea Grill and a bird’s eye view of the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree.
• Rolls-Royce return to the Buckingham Hotel.
• Swarovski Rhodium and Crystal Rockefeller Tree 2006 pin.
• Replica of the golden Prometheus statue overlooking The Rink at Rockefeller Center.
• Visions of sugarplums in the spacious and elegant two-bedroom penthouse complete with kitchen, dining room, living room and outdoor terrace.