I just had a walk-through at the Holiday Inn on Fishermans’ Wharf, courtesy of my colleague Anita Hubbard. All I kept saying was, “For a Holiday Inn, this is very impressive.”
It should be.
The 585-room hotel at the foot of Columbus Street, a block from the Wharf, two blocks from Pier 39, Ghirardelli Square, and the city’s famous Cable Cars, and six blocks from North Beach’s Italian restaurants, just completed a multi-million dollar renovation to its guest rooms and meeting facilities to provide business, leisure and convention attendees with modern amenities and upgraded services. It’s an exceptional value in one of the city’s most popular areas.
The face lift includes:
• New beds, new bathroom fixtures, brighter lights, and work desks with ergonomic chairs in each roomy guest room
• A Cardio Work Out facility that now boasts state-of-the art treadmill and elliptical equipment, overlooking a newly renovated outdoor pool and deck
• Free high-speed wireless Internet access throughout the hotel
• A 24-hour Business Center with access to PCs and printers
• Complimentary transportation to nearby shopping in the Financial District and Union Square
• And three restaurants on property providing casual California cuisine, sandwiches, seafood, and one offers 24-hour service.
Bottom Line: You get a surprisingly amount of luxury and amenities for about half the rack rate of Union Square hotels.
Holiday Inn on Fisherman’s Wharf
A: 1300 Columbus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94133