Backroads has long been known for its week-long adventures. But now for those who don’t have seven days to spare, how about three?
Weekend biking trips in Northern California’s renowned wine country are now on the menu.
As with all its biking, walking and multi-sport itineraries, Backroads’ trips are top quality and feature impeccable service and hassle-free itineraries.
• Biking through wine country landscapes of vineyards and rolling pasture lands
• Visiting wineries in the Alexander Valley, known for its Cabernet Sauvignon and other hearty reds
• Dinner at the Charlie Palmer’s Dry Creek Kitchen in Hotel Healdsburg
• A night at a Victorian manor-turned guest house
• Exploring Dry Creek Valley, known for its fine Zinfandels
• A picnic in Armstrong Redwoods State Reserve
Rates begin at $998 per person for 3 days and 2 nights. Available August-October 2007.
Lancaster Estate in the Alexander Valley, Healdsburg, California. Photo by Sue Frause.