Canola oil cooking spray
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup Uncle Sam Cereal
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup all-natural peanut butter, crunchy style
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup low-fat milk
1/4 cup all-natural strawberry preserves, divided
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray 10 muffin tins with canola oil cooking spray.
2. In a medium-sized bowl mix together the flour, Uncle Sam Cereal, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in the peanut butter with two forks and then use your hands to mix the peanut butter into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Beat the eggs and milk together and then add the liquid to the flour mixture; mix well.
4. Place 2 tablespoons of the batter into the prepared muffin tins and then place 2 teaspoons of the preserves in the center of the batter and top with 2 tablespoons more of the batter; repeat until you have 10 muffins.
5. Bake the muffins for 15 minutes. Allow to cool several minutes before serving.
SATURATED FAT GRAMS PER SERVING: 1 GRAM
TRANS FAT GRAMS PER SERVING: 0 GRAMS
Adults will surely enjoy these Peanut Butter & Strawberry Jelly Muffins just as much as the kids! Serve with a glass of organic low-fat milk for snack or breakfast.
The Uncle Sam cereal provides a good dose of healthy and slimming fiber (each muffin contains 3.5 grams of fiber) plus anti-inflammatory omega-3 fat from flaxseeds. This muffin recipe is low in sugar and also rich in heart healthy monounsaturated fat thanks to the all-natural peanut butter.