[EDITOR’S NOTE: THIS IS SUE’S 100th VAGABLOND ARTICLE. CONGRATS, SUE!]
Starwood Hotels & Resorts of Italy, Malta and Croatia has launched an interactive Web campaign, Taste the Mediterranean.
Designed to promote the distinct and unique flavors of this popular region, Taste the Mediterranean is a Web-only travel package for food and wine lovers.
The Taste the Mediterranean package includes hotel accommodations, a three-course lunch or dinner for two in one of Starwood’s restaurants, regional gastronomic delights in the hotel room, and a daily buffet breakfast for two. Double Starpoints® will also be offered.
The package requires a minimum two-night stay and is priced from 126 Euros per room per night. It’s available through December 31, 2007. Reservations must be made by August 31, 2007. For reservations online, click the Book Now button beside the hotel of your choice.
Participating hotels offering the Taste the Mediterranean package include:
• The Westin Excelsior & Grand Hotel in Florence;
• Le Méridien Gallia, The Westin Palace & Sheraton Diana Majestic in Milan;
• Le Méridien Rimini, St. Regis Grand Hotel, The Westin Excelsior Rome & Sheraton Roma Hotel & Conference Center in Rome;
• Le Méridien Lingotto in Turin;
• Hotel Danieli, The Westin Europa & Regina;
• Hotel Gritti Palace in Venice;
• Hotel Villa Cipriani in Asolo;
• The Westin Dragonara Resort, Le Méridien St. Julians & Le Méridien Phoenicia in Malta; and
• Le Méridien Lav in Split.
The Web campaign also includes an interactive video game and recipes.