The 2007 Wellness Weekend is a two-night program that incorporates yoga, tai chi, personal training, nutrition advice and a two-hour Advanced Time Ritual at The Spa At Mandarin Oriental, voted one of the top spas by Condé Nast readers. Situated on the edge of tre fashionable Hyde Park, the hotel’s spa weekend utilizes the services of Max Tomlinson, a trained naturopath and nutritionist.
The Wellness Weekend begins on a Friday afternoon as you’re welcomed into a deluxe room with juices and a basket of fresh, seasonal fruit. The posh package also includes:
• Two nights in a deluxe king bed room;
• Daily spa cuisine breakfast;
• Two hours Advanced Time Ritual in The Spa at Mandarin Oriental;
• Complimentary use of the gym and the spa’s heat and water oasis;
• A 90-minute yoga session;
• A 60-minute tai-chi session;
• A 60-minute personal training session;
• A 60-minute nutritional session with Max Tomlinson;
• A three-course spa cuisine dinner;
• A three-course spa cuisine lunch;
• Yoga mat, tee-shirt, and body/bath amenities; and
• Late check out, if available;
Rates for the Wellness Weekend begin at GBP 1,430 (approximately US $2,700) per person, based on double occupancy. Arrival on Fridays beginning in January. For reservations, contact the hotel directly at least two weeks in advance.
Conde Nast Traveller (UK) readers voted The Spa at Manadarin Oriental the Best Urban Day Spa in the UK. It also received an overall ranking as 5th Best in the World in the 2006 Readers Choice Spa Awards.
W: Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park
A: 66 Knightsbridge, London.
T: +44 (0) 207 235 2000.
Photo of London skyline by Sue Frause