Today, while strolling around stylish Vail Village, I met Bob and his chocolate lab Indiana. Being a dog person, we started chatting and he told me he was the owner of the new Tivoli Lodge, a European style luxury lodge with liftline access to Vail Mountain and 62 incredible rooms.
Bob took the money he made in a gold mine, then bought the land for this resort, leveled the old building, and put about $25 million into this showplace that has drop-dead gorgeous views of Vail Mountain, Golden Peak and the Gore Range, as well as Sun Ray yellow granite countertops, leather furnishings, tall ceilings, and personable service. In fact, you can ski out of the lodge and onto the chair lifts. Plus, Tivoli Lodge looks like it was transplanted from Switzerland to Colorado with its authentic European architecture and surrounding walking streets.
The resort opened recently and hopes for a great ski season. It’s sure to be a great draw for families and groups because of its prime location, its reserved underground parking, ski lockers so you don’t have to schelp your stuff to your room, outdoor hot tubs, and more, including:
• Custom-built furnishings;
• Flat screen TVs and DVDs;
• Down pillows, luxury linens, Turkish bath towels and robes;
• Free WiFi Internet access;
• Fitness and Business Centers;
• Complimentary Tivoli Breakfasts;
• The Brown Hound Lounge;
• In-room microwaves, mini fridges and coffee service;
• A non-smoking property;
• Plus children 12 and under are free.
What about the rooms? The Seibert Suite we saw was amazing with panoramic views of the mountains and lifts — it’s probably the primo suite in Vail, which is America’s largest ski resort.
Other rooms include:
• The Mountain Tower, with luxury octagonal-shaped rooms with a King bed and a fireplace, towel warmers for those frosty winter nights and double oversized showers.
• The Mountain View, with large rooms offering views of Vail Mountain, and a choice of 1 King, 2 Double or 2 Queen Beds.
• The Village View, with views of the valley floor and Vail Village, offering 1 King or 2 Doubles.
• And The Village Standard, with 1 Queen or 2 Twins in these cozy rooms.
For a boutique hotel feeling in an unparalleled ski resort and year-round vacation town, check out the Tivili Lodge in Vail Village.
A: 386 Hanson Ranch Rd., Vail, CO 81657.
T: 1.800.451.4756 or 970.476.5615.