If you can’t fly for 19 hours from California to New Zealand to sample the wines, don’t worry. The Hotel Bel-Air, that Mobil five-star award winner, is bringing the best of New Zealand wines to you.
Celebrate with the LA hipster crowd at 6:30pm on June 8 at a special fifth annual culinary event and wine-maker dinner. For $115/person, it will feature exquisite multi-course New Zealand BBQ meals and rare wine tastings offering 27 different varieties — all served on the front lawn under the stars. Food specialities will include Roasted New Zealand Lamb and Rock Lobster Tails. (I’ve eaten the lamb in NZ and it is superb!).
• Clearview Estate with winemaker Tim Turvey;
• Foxes Island with winemaker John Belsham;
• Voss with winemaker Annette Voss;
• Escarpment with winemaker Larry Mckenna;
• Fromm with winemaker William Hoare;
• Pegasus Bay with winemaker Edward Donaldson;
• And Peregrine with winemaker Greg Hay.
Reservations: Call Karla at 310.943.6742 or email [email protected]
[Via Five Star Alliance.]