Since we’re putting the spotlight on beer festivals this week, let’s raise a frosty, frothy mug to these upcoming spring salutes throughout the Golden and Silver States:
• Beer Festival, Boonville, May 6 –– Sample suds of over 50 brewers from many states, including Deschutes in Oregon and New Belgium Brewing Company. It’s at the Mendocino County Fairgrounds, T: 707.895.2337.
• Sudz In The City, May 20, Fresno — About 100 booths of micro and home brews with lots of food in the biggest beer bash for Central Cal at the Boxcar Lot, T: 559.490.9966.
• West Coast Brew Fest, May 20, Sacramento — Unlimited tastings are on the menu. Over 50 breweries will offer more than 100 beers along the Sacto River, with lots of great food and local music at Miller Park, T: 916.924.3836.
• Brewfest, June 3, Shaver Lake — Get a free stein and fill it with 20 types of beer at the Community Center, T: 559.841.3350.
• The Beerfest, June 3, Santa Rosa — This one’s about 45 minutes north of me so I might give it a taste with about 35 Northern Cal microbrewers and gourmet foods at the Center for the Arts, T: 707.546.3600.
• A Taste of Reno-Tahoe, June 4, Reno — Over 30 beverages will be on tap along the Truckee River at Idlewild Park, T: 775.954.1276.
[Via Via Magazine.]