I’m finally getting around to writing up my Fav products from this year’s winter
Fancy Food Show.
(I only wish it was as easy to erase all the extra poundage I put on!) I don’t know if it’s because the show was more selective since it was held for the first time in San Diego instead of San Francisco, but for some reason the caliber of new products was the highest I’ve tasted in many years.
The popular trends this year were: Pomegranate-flavored whatever, Infused Water with everything from assorted vitamins to caffeine, natural and sustainable food products are crossing over from “health” food store items to mainstream, more excellent cheeses are being imported from everywhere, no one just sells a chocolate bar anymore-it’s all about origin, percentages, estate blends etc. just to name a few.
Here’s some of the rather staggering numbers so you can get a sense of the sheer magnitude of foods available:
The Fancy Food Show offered:
• 80,000 specialty food products to see and sample;
• 1,100 exhibiting companies offering an unbeatable selection of foods from every corner of the globe;
• 150 international companies;
• 30 international and domestic pavilions;
• 150 new exhibitors, with products never before seen nationally.