I had the pleasure of flying Air New Zealand about a decade ago. It still ranks as one of the best, most stylish travel experiences I’ve ever had. Now, when you plunk down about $6,000 US for a Business Class ticket from SFO – Auckland, you get a list of amenities in the upper deck of their Boeing 747-400s longer than you might see on some cars –– with seats that convert into flat beds, personal digital in-flight entertainment and more.
In fact, ANZ is having such success with these city pairs of Auckand (not Oakland) and San Francisco, that they are now offering six flights per week. Take a gander at these special features:
• A luxurious 22″ wide leather armchair with separate ottoman footrest that doubles as a visitor’s seat;
• A seat that converts to a 6’7.5″ bed – the most comfortable fully flat bed in its class;
• Your own large cotton pillow, duvet and sleep sheet, the finishing touch for a perfect inflight sleep;
• Generous recline and adjustable lumbar support;
• Unique design that allows take-off and landing in a reclined seat position;
• Direct aisle access for everyone;
• A large adjustable table that lets you work and dine;
• In-seat power in every seat, which accepts most common connector plugs without the need for an adaptor;
• Multiple stowage options, including a large literature pocket and stowage wells underneath the ottoman and within the armrest;
• Three individual reading lights – to provide discreet light just where you need it;
• A retractable cocktail tray and convenient water bottle holder.