As a third-generation San Franciscan, I’ve been spoiled by having access to great restaurants of every possible cuisine. Of course, there are thousands of potential restaurants to choose from across the San Francisco Bay Area. But the Top 100 as chosen by SF Chronicle Food Critic Michael Bauer was just published.
I’ve dined in over 1/3 of these eateries over the years. Among my favorites:
• Craving thin-crust pizza? Try Pizzeria Picco.
• Love Greek food? Indulge at Kokkari.
• Want to be pampered by a James Beard Foundation Best Chef-Pacific? Make a reservation at Jardiniere.
• Can’t wait to fill that little bowl with wasabi and soy sauce? Drive across the Golden Gate Bridge to Sushi Ran.
• Can’t eat world-class Vietnamese food without a view of the Bay? Check out Slanted Door at the Ferry Building.
Mr. Bauer said, “With all the great food in the Bay Area, the challenge (of whittling the list down from 107 to 100) seemed monumental… Today, you see the 100 that made the cut. Nineteen new names have been added.” Read the Bay Area Top 100 List.
By Gil Zeimer, Lead Writer/Editor, Vagablond