Rail passengers visiting any of the 16 participating gardens from Vancouver Island to Halifax will be eligible to win a weekend for two at International Flora Montréal 2007. The grand prize includes two round-trip VIA first class tickets, two nights’ accommodation in Montreal and two tickets to the International Flora Montreal 2007.
Ballots will be available at each of the participating gardens. The contest is open to all garden guests.
The VIA Rail Garden Route features 16 gardens across Canada:
* The Butchart Gardens (Brentwood Bay, BC)
* UBC Botanical Garden (Vancouver, BC)
* Muttart Conservatory (Edmonton, Alberta)
* Leo Mol Sculpture Garden (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
* Windsor Riverfront Gardens (Windsor, Ontario)
* Royal Botanical Gardens (Burlington/Hamilton, Ontario)
* Niagara Parks Botanical Gardens (Niagara Falls, Ontario)
* Casa Loma Gardens (Toronto, Ontario)
* Toronto Botanical Garden (Toronto, Ontario)
* Mackenzie King Estate (Gatineau, Quebec)
* Montreal Botanical Garden (Montréal, Quebec)
* International Flora/The Montréal Garden Festival (Montréal, Quebec)
* Roger Van den Hende Botanical Garden (Québec City, Quebec)
* Reford Gardens / Jardins de Métis (Mont-Joli, Quebec)
* Kingsbrae Garden (St. Andrews, New Brunswick)
* Halifax Public Gardens (Halifax, Nova Scotia)
Quebec’s International Flora Montreal is held June 29-September 23, 2007. Photo by Sue Frause.