Remember how Spa Getaways used to mean suffering through a juice fast and dining on Barbie doll size portions? Hotel Valley Ho has got it all right — great digs, super spa (Conde Nast Traveler ranks it one of the best new spas in the country) and an incredible Monday Night Special Chefs Menu.
Located in Scottsdale, Valley Ho used to be the choice hideaway for Hollywood’s elite, such as Tony Curtis, Janet Leigh, Natalie Wood, and Betty Grable.The hotel recently reopened after an $80 million restoration that offers such chic niceties as Phillipe Starck-designed oversized bathtubs,sliding glass walls and terraces showcasing views of Camelback Mountain, a spa deck allowing for an invigorating fresh-air workout, and Monday night specially themed dinners at Cafe ZuZu (listed as one of Bon Appetit’s “Restaurant Top Tables”) which include wine pairing for only $42!!!!!!
Past themes have been:
• Oyster Night (if they do act as an aphrodisiac it’s nice to know that you can “Getta Room” right upstairs)
• Truffles (again-see above note:)
• ABC Night (Anything But Chardonnay)
• Crab Night
Here’s a sample from next month’s offerings, which has my buds salivating….
Monday, March 12:
• Spring Mushrooms
• Crispy Shiitakes and Goat Cheese
• Grilled Trumpet Royale Mushrooms with preserved lemon + micro arugula
• Pan Roasted Diver Scallops with sweet pea agnolotti + morels
• Fig and Chocolate Rustica with blood orange sherbet, champagne sabayon + port syrup
Monday Night Chef’s Table March 5, 12, 19, 26
H: 6:30-8:00pm, ZuZu
$42 per person
Does not include tax and gratuity.
By Vagablond’s Token Redhead.