This just in from Forbes.com: The World’s Best Airports by Lisa DiCarlo summarizes an annual survey from Skytrax, an airline and airport passenger research firm in London. There were over 5.5 million responses in 31 passenger criteria, including airport access, public transit availability, terminal comfort, ambience and cleanliness, immigration wait times and service, entertainment, shopping and dining options, Internet options, and more.
The modern, newer Asian terminals were the chart toppers; Europe had three in the top 10; but the highest US airport was Minneapolis at #20.
1. Hong Kong International Airport;
2. Singapore Changi International Airport ;
3. Incheon International Airport, Seoul, South Korea;
4. Munich Airport;
5. Kansai International Airport, Osaka, Japan ;
6. Dubai International Airport;
7. Kuala Lumpur International Airport;
8. Amsterdam Schiphol Airport ;
9. Copenhagen Airport ; and
10. Sydney Airport.